Trotec Speedy II 60W Laser Cutter
(Originally from here)
The Shop in Bray Lab has a Trotec Speedy II 60 Watt Laser Cutter with a bed size of 28x16 inches.
The software accepts any 2D drawing. For cutting, the drawing must have vector lines with a stroke of .001 and red.
Please visit the Design Programs webpage for software recommendations.
- Turn on Trotec Speedy II and filtration system
- Use the focus tool and buttons on the machine to focus the laser.
- Open file in Adobe Illustrator
- To cut, lines must have a .001 inch stroke and be red
- Select File -> Print
- Printer: TrotecEngraver
- Media Size (also bed size): Bray Laser (28 in x 16 in)
- Job Control Program will open
- Drag your file onto the bed and position where you want it to be cut
- Go to view -> WYSIWYG to view drawing
- Select material and enter thickness
- Connect to laser cutter
- Select Play
- Machine must be monitored while in use.
- Wait at least 1 minute before opening the door to allow air filtration.
- Remove your material and all debris
- Throw excess material in the trash.
|Allowed Materials||Restricted Materials|
|Pressure-treated, stained, or painted wood|
|Corrugated cardboard (fire hazard)
|Plastics||Acrylic (up to 1/4 inch)
|PVC (release chlorine gas)
Vinyl (releases chlorine gas)
|All others are fire hazards|
Synthetic & technical textiles